FBC Church is excited to support Faith orphans and their work in Zambia.
Who is Faith Orphans?
Faith’s Orphan’s Fund is a Christian Charity registered in Canada and supported by many denominations throughout Southern Ontario.
Through our partnership with Faith’s Orphans Foundation in Zambia, we provide the means to serve the vulnerable children in the Northwestern and Copperbelt Provinces of Zambia.
The Canadian Board of Directors volunteer their time and energy to oversee the financial and strategic allocation of the resources provided by our supporters.
Faith is a local resident of Kitwe, Zambia and has a heart for caring for orphans. Faith Orphanage Foundation (FOF) is a registered with the Zambian government as a non-governmental, non-profit, and non-denominational Christian organization that seeks to give hope to the orphaned children of rural Zambia by providing for their immediate and future needs.
Faith Orphans Strategy
There are presently more than 4200 registered orphans and vulnerable children cared for by Faith’s Orphan Foundation (FOF). A comprehensive strategy based on care and attention of the orphan has been implemented to break the cycle of poverty and give the children hope for a meaningful future.
Our strategy begins by providing the children with foster families so that they can remain in their own village rather than in an institution. There are 24 villages or centres registered with FOF, with 10 being located along the Chingola/Solwezi Road and 14 along the Lufwanyama District Road west of Kitwe, Zambia.
- Meet the needs of orphaned and vulnerable children regardless of personal background, religion, health status or gender.
- Provide a high standard of care and make available a positive, life changing environment for the orphans and vulnerable children in our care.
- Encourage self sufficiency among orphans by active participation in community projects.
- Promote child welfare policies and education regarding HIV/AIDS and related illnesses
- Demonstrate and explain the love of God to each child through our commitment and care.
- Assist with the development of each centre by providing training and resources for projects generating financial, nutritional or health benefits for the community.